2013-05-19

Cosán

Cosán/ Footpath - 2010
oil on black canvas with palette knife 
  
Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.
 
~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Ar ghabhas an chonair seo cheana

Ar ghabhas an chonair seo cheana
cén tírdhreach é seo
cad iad na bláthanna seo go léir is na crainn
na bolaithe sin is na dathanna
rud amháin a aithním
an ciúnas
a bhí ionam ón gcéad lá riamh
is a chailleas
thána arís air
ní hea is é an ciúnas a tháinig ormsa
is fada sa tóir orm é
ag glaoch orm as lár an tosta
ghabhas an chonair seo cheana


Have I been this way before

Have I been this way before
what landscape is this
what flowers are these what trees
and scents and colours
one thing I recognise
the quietness
that I knew from the beginning
and that I lost
and found again
no it was quietness that found me
it has long been searching for me
calling me from the heart of silence
I have been this way before