2015-09-09

I have no name (from The Song of Life)

I have no name (from The Song of Life)

Jiddu Krishnamurti (1895 - 1986)


I have no name,
I am as the fresh breeze of the mountains.
I have no shelter;
I am as the wandering waters.
I have no sanctuary, like the dark gods;
Nor am I in the shadow of deep temples.
I have no sacred books;
Nor am I well-seasoned in tradition.
I am not in the incense
Mounting on the high altars,
Nor in the pomp of ceremonies.
I am neither in the graven image,
Nor in the rich chant of a melodious voice.
I am not bound by theories,
Nor corrupted by beliefs.
I am not held in the bondage of religions,
Nor in the pious agony of their priests.
I am not entrapped by philosophies,
Nor held in the power of their sects.
I am neither low nor high,
I am the worshipper and the worshipped.
I am free.
My song is the song of the river
Calling for the open seas,
Wandering, wandering,
I am Life.
I have no name,
I am as the fresh breeze of the mountains.

Níl aon ainm orm

Níl aon ainm orm.
Mar leoithne úr an tsléibhe atáim.
Táimse gan dídean;
Táimse ar nós na n-uiscí ar fán.
Tearmann níl agam, ar nós na ndéithe dorcha;
Níl fáil orm ach chomh beag
I measc scáileanna na mórtheampall.
Leabhair bheannaithe níl agam;
Nílimse ársaithe i dtraidisiúin.
Nílim sa túis ná ar ard-altóir ar bith,
Ná i bpoimp na searmanas.
Nílimse san íomhá ghreanta
Ná i gcantaireacht an ghutha bhinn.
Nílimse laistigh de theoiric ar bith.
Níor mhill aon chreideamh riamh mé.
Níl greim ag reiligiún ar bith orm
Beag beann ar chrá cráifeach na sagart.
Nílimse teanntaithe ag fealsúnachtaí
Is níl tionchar ag a gcuid seicteanna orm.
Nílimse uasal ná íseal.
Is mé an t-adhraitheoir is an té atá á adhradh.
Táim saor.
Laoi na habhann í mo laoise
Ag glaoch ar an bhfarraige.
Ar fán, ar fán.
Is mé an Bheatha.
Níl aon ainm orm.
Mar leoithne úr an tsléibhe atáim.   

-- from From Darkness to Light: Poems and Parables, by J. Krishnamurti